What Are My Pipe Options?
There are essentially two types of pipe available for use in making your own Russian PVC Pyramid:
3/4″ PVC Furniture Grade Pipe, and
3/4″ PVC Plumbing Grade Pipe
The pros and cons of each include the following:
3/4″ Plumbing Grade Pipe
– readily available (Lowe’s, Home Depot)
– inexpensive (about 30 cents/foot)
– Comes with ink lettering – needs to be removed to be attractive
– Not as strong or durable
3/4″ Furniture Grade PVC Pipe
– Much more attractive (no lettering)
– Stronger and more durable
– pipe and couplings hard to find (call C&S Plastics – 800-476-0823)
– more costly (about 80 cents/foot plus shipping)
In general, you can purchase the Plumbing Grade pipe to make a 7′ pyramid for about $20.00, whereas the cost for purchasing Furniture Grade pipe, including couplings and shipping, will be around $75.00-$100.00, so you can save $50.00-$75.00 buy using Plumbing Grade pipe. However, this needs to be weighed against the increased strength, durability and beauty of Furniture Grade pipe.